Wiki-popularity rating: Countries of the world and their capitals, April 2020
18 июня 2020 года
|This article mentions Wikimedia Foundation, one of its projects or related people. Wikinews is one of Wikimedia Foundation projects.|
International multilingual Wiki-popularity of UN members states, as well as unrecognized and partially recognized countries and their respective capitals among Wikimedia projects' readers in April 2020 is prepared in the framework of Wiki-Smart Humanity project.
Flag-map of the World — logo of Wiki-Smart Humanity project
«Wikimedia World» — human in the center with whole of the world's knowledge within equally easy reach.
The table provides average daily pageview stats for:
- Machine-readable Wikidata items (WD, popular for analytics tools, bots and artificial intelligence solutions).
- Multilingual Wikipedia articles (WP, popular reference for people, usually living outside of respective realities).
- Multilingual Wikivoyage articles in all available languages (WVoy, popular guide for independent voyagers).
For analytical purposes, above mentioned indicators were used to calculate ratios between administrative capital (B) and the entity (A) figures for Wikidata (RWD), Wikipedia (RWP) and Wikivoyage (RWVoy): the higher is the resulting figure, the more popular is the capital; the lower, the more popular is the entity itself.
Comparing absolute figures and ratios in the table with respective data for Russia’s regions allows us to conclude that investing efforts into developing international awareness of regions, as well as non-capital cities and rural districts via opportunities offered by Wikimedia wiki-projects seems appropriate for all countries of the world. Recommended strategy would be supporting local Wikimedia movement groups in making sure that:
- regional and local realities are well integrated into and within Wikimedia projects,
- new encyclopedic and other widely useful Wiki-content about them keeps being created,
- the circle of covered aspects is consistently widened.
|См. также: 2019 Languages of Russia Wikipedia Leaders|
- State entity on the territory of Georgia, unrecognized by the United Nations.
- Unrecognized state entity on the territory of Azerbaijan.
- Self-governed state entity in free association with New Zealand.
- Partially recognized state in the South-East Europe.
- State entity recognized by Turkey only.
- Disputed territory in North Africa.
- Unrecognized state on the territory of Somalia.
- Partially recognized state in Eastern Asia, whose sovereignty is disputed by China.
- Unrecognized state entity on the territory of Moldova.
- Partially recognized state.
- Unrecognized state entity on the territory of Ukraie.